Prolonging the Life of Your Leather
Leather is made to be used and can be enjoyed for many years...as long as you care for it properly!
By using the appropriate leather cleaner, leather conditioner and leather protector from the Pellé range, you can extend the wear life of upholstery leather up to five times compared to untreated leather (LASRA 2013).
As well as using our leather care products, there are a few other things you can do to ensure your leather remains in excellent condition...
1. Conditions to Avoid
- Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight
- Any heat source (ie radiator or heater)
- Sharp objects (buckles, jewellery, keys, pet claws etc)
- Common cleaning materials, paints, solvents, nail polish, dyes and felt pens.
- Avoid use of dyed cloths unless you are sure they are dye-fast when wet
- Perspiration, grime, body oils, hair creams or gels will damage leather if not removed frequently from areas in direct body contact eg arms, head rests and seat cushions should be given extra attention.
- Certain medication will also cause damage to leather via direct body contact.
2. Things to Do
- Retain any information or manufacturer's brochures for reference
- Read the instructions of the Pellé Leather Care products carefully before use, including any warnings, and use only as directed
- Do not leave these products where small children can get access to them,
- Use the Pellé Leather Care products at intervals suggested to maintain your leather furniture.
- If a member of your family or a regular visitor to your home wears hair creams, gels or takes certain medications, consider a head rest cover or an antimacassar.
If you have any questions about how to care for your leather furniture and accessories, please do not hesitate to contact us for advice!